Monday, January 16, 2012

How it all started

If I were to talk about how KissesfromSeattle came about, I guess I will have to trace all the way back to year 2005 when I just set foot in Singapore for my tertiary education. It was a period where I don't even know where Seattle is located at, ok I did not even know Seattle at all, we do not learn the geography in western countries in Malaysia and I wasn't very knowledgeable (not like I'm any better now).

Anyway, for some (unknown) reasons I picked Eusoff as my hostel even though after hearing all the good things about Sheares and Kent Ridge, guess that's how fate works. I got the single room located at the Block C level 2 near to the kitchenette. Anh and Aimee were having an exchange program from University of Washington were staying in the double room at the end of the corridor. And gosh I do not even remember how I got to know Anh and Aimee! Was it because we all see each other at the kitchen so often that we started to talk and then eventually had supper in the kitchen almost every night? But I do remember it was the love for food (particularly supper) that has bound us together. I think it was during the investiture ceremony where we first talked to each other? Check out our young faces there:

Copy of DSCN3179 
 I am amazed by how Emily doesn't change at all! I certainly put on a lot of weight :(

We did a lot of crazy things back then, supper at 2am (instant mee goreng, guess why I put on weight!), making our own music MTV (think Macarena, Britney Spears), go on crazy diet where we were had ONLY yoghurt with soy bean milk for three days straight, crazy birthday celebration, Halloween party and so on.

Suntec City

Glasses
This was taken when we were having the yoghurt & soy bean milk diet, do we look slimmer here? I wonder how we even had the strength to go window shopping at Suntec!

Cool 
Hahaha I don't know what else to say we were so silly!

On my birthday, they decorated my room with many many colorful balloons and threw a surprise party for me :) I still keep the apron they gave me on my 20th birthday until now. I couldn't believe I was once 20, how time flies!

I'm 20 

Chef balloon 
:)
And I had the first Halloween party of my life! Yeah coz I'm a kampung girl, I didn't even know what Halloween was! Haa! You'll know I'm confused from my costume (do you even count that as a costume haha). It was fun nonetheless, so much fun!

DSC01642 
Anh and Aimee were certainly more "pro" with the costume!

It was fun but one semester was short, very short. Anh and Aimee soon had to go back to Seattle and Emily back to Hong Kong. We set a date to meet up again in year 2009 when I graduate and we did! Except Aimee, poor thing she had to cancel last minute due to work.

 On my commencement :) Aimee missing from the picture!

In November last year, I got the opportunity to go to AIChE conference which was held at Minneapolis US, so I took a vacation and bought the ticket to Seattle for a visit. Anh and Aimee were so nice that they took leave just to bring me around in Seattle. I went crazy when I was at the Outlet Mall in Seattle! I have been looking forward to that since I booked the trip! I never own a Coach bag (yeah kampung girl you see) and guess how much I bought just in one trip? 5 big handbags and 3 wristlets! Okay only one belongs to me and the rest are for my family / friends :) But it was soooo fun!

My visit to University of Washington
That was only part of what we bought there :P Aimee patiently waiting as I continue to shop around at other stores in the outlet mall!

So as you could have guessed from here, the idea of partnering up to do an online business in Singapore selling Coach / Kate Spade bags bought from the outlet mall came to our mind. Since I know there are many Coach / Kate Spade lovers in Singapore! We planned for a few months, wrote our proposal and eventually got down to really doing it! Anh came up with the name Kisses from Seattle on the spot during my shopping trip to the outlet mall :) I thought the name is pretty cute!

Right now the business is moving slow but steady, even though it's not easy but we are definitely enjoying the process!

If you are interested in our products, do visit www.kissesfromseattle.blogspot.com and www.facebook.com/kissesfromseattle :)

That's all for now! More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment